CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 7, 2013

But what about.....

Well Dana was offered an amazing opportunity to join his mom's real estate team in PA. We have been feeling a call for a change in our lives for a couple months now, and Dana felt that this was the change.. Real Estate.. So now what??

That's exactly what my first questions were: So now what? and what about... a,b,c.... x,y,z

Having been born and raised in Massachusetts, the thought of moving out of state is a little daunting. Ok but let's be serious, we're obviously not the first family to ever move out of state, and we most definitely are not the last! 

Some of the serious questions we needed to ask ourselves were somewhat obvious but still never the less needed to be asked. 

How is this income thing going to really work?
What about health insurance and our retirement funds?
What will I do for work?
Will we need to look/pay for childcare for Hailey?
Will we send her to public school for Kindergarten?
Should we send her to the school district we'll be starting out in?
 But how long realistically will we be there for?
What about our church community? 
We will NEVER find anything like what we have already established in MA..
Will we be able to plan vacations?
What is the long term goal in terms of this move?
What do we do with ALLLLL of this stuff?
Are we taking it all? 
Selling it? 
What do we need? 


This consequently had me feeling very overwhelmed! Let me be clear that I do not have any regret about this being a bad/wrong decision.. just overwhelmed with all of the details! Being a Jesus Loving, God believing woman, I know that everything will work out, but I also know I can't just sit around expecting it all to be taken care of for me. We need to do the some of the work ourselves.

Throughout these beginning stages, my spiritual journey has really strengthened. And I am in awe of what is still to come! Have you read Jesus Calling by Sarah Young? If not, I highly recommend it! 

Anyways, the devotional for March 24th was transforming for me! The opening sentence reads: "This is a time in your life when you must learn to let go: of loved ones, of possessions, of control." (emphasis is mine) It continues.. but boy what a promise, what a relief, what an obvious truth! But I needed to hear it, and I needed to finally believe it! And I do! Yes, I'm human, and will still have my worries.. but all of these details are not mine to figure out! T.T.L!! (Thank the Lord) God has his plan for our life and for this transition, and while aspects of it are unknown and thus scary... I know I don't need to stress about it! 

Now that this news is "public" I am reminded of all the friends and family we have between here and PA. Which means we have a lot of help and support throughout this move and transition. Once again, I am thankful and humbled by how BLESSED my little family is!! :-)

1 comments:

Unknown

Let's not forget a Mom who only lived in MA for many more years than you have thus far, and she went through it (still processing some of it) less than a year ago. Granted, we had a lot of the financial issues worked out before we got here, and none of the small children issues. It's a fun learning process.
I'm excited about how well you and Ruth get along. Sharing a home with another 'homemaker' presence can be daunting, in itself, but you and Ruth are wonderful together!

Post a Comment